Sunday, November 25, 2007

Creative Response D: Melanie (Captured by The Indians) & Philip (Killing Babies)

[ Phone call to Philip's clinic - phone conversation Between Philip and Melanie ]

Philip:Hello?

Melanie: Hi, Philip? It's Melanie.

Philip: Oh, hello! Have you told Sean the big news yet?

Melanie: Not yet. I keep meaning to, but I never seem to be able to fit it in to our schedule...so many things have been going on around here. How's your brother? Has he coped with all those crazy protestors yet?

Philip: Yeah, hes doing his best, kinda tough to come from such a sweet life in cali to here you know? Well, have you come to a decision about the baby?

Melanie: I don't know. I'm not sure if Sean would want to keep it, we want to get a few things settled, and he's so busy with school and his degree - we just dont have time. But what scares me the most is those crazy people that you face everyday - I don't want to deal with that kind of pain and pressure...I'm really scared...

Philip: Well, I completely understand your worries. However, this decision is your own, not Seans or the protestors - it's your body.

Melanie: I know, that's the hard part about it. I have to be the one to say whether or not a baby gets to live or not. It's so hard.

Philip: Just spend a while thinking about it, and TELL SEAN MELANIE! Plus, I think I have a story that should help you out with your choice.

Melanie: Haha, well?

Philip: Well, my brother, Rick, mentioned this young girl walking into the clinic the other day, strong girl, right through the protestors harsh remarks and evil stares. He was impressed with her independent courage, at such a young age, you know?

Melanie: Right, I completely agree.

Philip: So, he called her! Just to tell her that he fully supports her and is proud of her courageous acts. How crazy, huh?

Melanie: Yeah, that guys nuts! haha! But, I do see his concern. Walking into such a different aptmosphere with all those nut bags and witnessing young women taking this kind of pressure and treatment can be quite a shock. I guess I can relate to him you know? He keeps a lot of his feelings inside - doesn't share a lot - only when he's pushed over the edge.

Philip: Very true. Well, Just stay strong Melanie, I'm sure whatever you decide should be the right choice.

Melanie: Thanks for all your help, really, you've been a great friend.

Philip: Not a problem. Oh and Melanie, stop beating aroung the bush and tell Sean for God-Sakes!

Melanie: I'm trying my best! Haha, Talk to you soon buddy.Thanks again.

Philip: Anytime.

No comments: